16th Annual "Hawk Watch Festival & Green Bazaar"
Visit Greenwich for the 16th Annual ...
Hawk Watch Festival & Green Bazaar
September 27 & 28, 2014
11 am - 5 pm ~ Rain or Shine
Enjoy this exciting two-day nature festival at Audubon's sanctuary in northern Greenwich - a celebration of the annual hawk migration passing overhead at Audubon Greenwich's "Quaker Ridge Hawk Watch". Enjoy live animal shows, nature-themed games, environmental exhibits, and visit and learn from a wide variety of eco-friendly vendors exhibiting on-site.
- Live "Birds of Prey" Shows @ 1:00 & 3:00 pm (Hawk Watch Lawn)
- Cyril the Resourcerer's Magic Show @ 2:00 pm (Hawk Watch Lawn)
- Rehabilitated Raptor Release by "Wildlife In Crisis" @ 4:15 pm (Back Patio)
PLUS LOADS OF ACTIVITIES THROUGHOUT THE DAY:
~ Enjoy kid-friendly, nature-themed games, crafts and outdoor activities!
~ Ride a one-of-a-kind Solar Carousel by The Homespun Merry-Go-Round!
~ Use Audubon's "Festival Passport" to tour the grounds and win prizes!
~ Shop 'green' from 'eco-friendly vendors' & the Audubon Greenwich Nature Store!
~ Visit exhibits and talk with conservation organizations from the region!
~ Join the 'Honey Harvest' and help spin honey from the combs in the Red Barn!
~ Feast on great food & refreshment from Cafe Bon, Annie Bananie's Ice Cream, and more!
~ Hike to Indian Spring Pond to learn about frogs and the tiny creatures that call it home!
~ Witness migrating hawks from lawn, the home of the Quaker Ridge Hawk Watch site!
~ Or stroll through Audubon's meadows, ancient apple orchard, and enjoy the solitude of a hike to Mead Lake!
2014 Hawk Festival Admission:
- Audubon Members: $7 per person (children 3 years & under enjoy the Festival for free)
- Non-Members: $10 per person (children 3 years & under enjoy the Festival for free)
All proceeds supports the Audubon Center in Greenwich and the National Audubon Society mission to protect burds and thier habitats.
It is easy and affordable to be a part of this event ~ Sign up your organization or company today & make a splash with Audubon Greenwich members and supporters. For details, contact the Festival Manager, Jeff Cordulack, at 203-613-8813 or email@example.com.
Saving Nature & Money ... At the same time!
Annual Memberships for the National Audubon Society in Greenwich is only $35 per family and includes discounts on events, in the Nature Store, and one year of Audubon Magazine. To learn about Membership Benefits, click here.
*** DIRECTIONS & FESTIVAL PARKING ***
The festival is held on the grounds of Audubon Greenwich (613 Riversville Road, Greenwich, CT 06831). Audubon Greenwich is easy to reach from the Merritt & Hutchinson Parkways, I-684, and Route 22 in NY. Please refer to the Directions PDF linked at the bottom of this page.
IMPORTANT - ABOUT ROADSIDE PARKING: All roadside parking is very limited and is 'at your own risk'. There are limited spots on Riversville Road and parking is prohibited on John Street completely. If you do park on the roadside, please make room for other cars and be sure all tires are off of the 'white line' on the roadside or you risk being towed by the Greenwich Police Department.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN THE FESTIVAL. WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE!
~ ~ 2013 EXHIBITORS INCLUDED ~ ~
- Annie Bananie Ice Cream
- Arbonne International
- Armstrong Court Organic Community Garden
- Backyard Beekeepers Association
- Beehive Goods
- Brighten Your Home - LED Lighting Experts
- Bruce Museum
- Byram River Parks
- Cafe Bon
- Community Energy
- Connecticut Mountain Lions
- Cougars of the Valley
- The Coughlin Group
- Easycare Energy Solutions
- Fun Organic T-Shirts
- Granata Sign Company
- Green Drinks Greenwich
- Greenwich Land Trust
- Greenwich Tree Conservancy
- Institute for Responsible Technology
- Karen Sullivan Photography, L.L.C.
- League of Women Voters
- Miz Liz & Company
- Mindy Cannon
- Mothers Milk Project
- Nature Outta Hand/Fields of Elysium
- Next Step Living Inc.
- Organic Zen Gardens
- Peter F. Alexander Landscape Architect Planner
- Planet Zero Gravity
- Renewable Resources, Inc.
- River Wildlife Studio
- Robinson Wildlife Lectures
- Shaklee - Healthy Natural Green
- Skyview Ventures
- Solarize CT
- Tailor's Wildlife Rescue Group, Inc.
- The Homespun Merry Go Round
- Town of Greenwich Conservation Commision
- UCONN Master Gardeners at Bartlett Arboretum
- UCONN Master Gardeners Program
- Venture Photography
- White Jade Wellness & Neals Yards Remedies
- Wildlife In Crisis
- Wolf Conservation Center
- Learn & Explore