Hawk Festival & Green Bazaar
17th Annual Hawk Watch Weekend Festival & Green Bazaar
October 3 & 4, 2015
11 am - 5 pm ~ Rain or Shine
Enjoy this exciting two-day nature festival at Audubon's sanctuary in northern Greenwich - a celebration of the annual hawk migration passing overhead at Audubon Greenwich's "Quaker Ridge Hawk Watch". Enjoy live animal shows, nature-themed games, environmental exhibits, and visit and learn from a wide variety of eco-friendly vendors exhibiting on-site.
- Live "Birds of Prey" Shows @ 1:00 & 3:00 pm (Hawk Watch Lawn)
- Featuring Talons: A Bird of Prey Experience on Saturday & Sunday!
- 'Rehabilitated Raptor' Release by "Wildlife In Crisis" @ 4:15 pm (Back Patio)
- Plus scheduled events including:
- Hawk ID Classes
- Indian Spring Pond Safaris
- Owl Pellet Dissections
- ...and other fun for adults and families!
ON-GOING EVENTS THROUGHOUT THE DAY:
~ Enjoy kid-friendly, nature-themed games, crafts and outdoor activities!
~ Ride a one-of-a-kind Solar Carousel by The Homespun Merry-Go-Round!
~ Use Audubon's "Festival Passport" to tour the grounds and win prizes!
~ Shop 'green' from 'eco-friendly vendors' & the Audubon Greenwich Nature Store!
~ Visit exhibits and talk with conservation organizations from the region!
~ Join the 'Honey Harvest' and help spin honey from the combs in the Red Barn!
~ Hike to Indian Spring Pond to learn about frogs and the tiny creatures that call it home!
~ Witness migrating hawks from lawn, the home of the Quaker Ridge Hawk Watch site!
~ Or stroll through Audubon's meadows, ancient apple orchard, and enjoy the solitude of a hike to Mead Lake!
~ Great food & refreshment, too!
Hawk Festival Admission:
- Audubon Members: $7 per person*
- Non-Members: $10 per person*
*Children 4 years old & under: FREE
All proceeds supports the Audubon Center in Greenwich and the National Audubon Society mission to protect birds and their habitats.
*** DIRECTIONS & FESTIVAL PARKING ***
The festival is held on the grounds of Audubon Greenwich (613 Riversville Road, Greenwich, CT 06831). Audubon Greenwich is easy to reach from the Merritt & Hutchinson Parkways, I-684, and Route 22 in NY. Please refer to the Directions PDF linked at the bottom of this page.
- This field is just North of the intersection of Riversville Road & John Street - follow the signs and to FIELD PARKING.
- On Saturday and after 11:30 am on Sunday, there is additional parking is at the Church accross from the main gate. PLEASE DRIVE CAREFULLY IN LOT CHURCH & THE INTERSECTION
- Handicap Parking is inside the main Audubon gate ~ Permits Required and this is reserved for those who truely need it.
- All roadside parking is very limited and is 'at your own risk'.
ABOUT ROADSIDE PARKING: There are limited spots on Riversville Road and parking is prohibited on John Street completely. If you do park on the roadside, please make room for other cars and be sure all tires are off of the 'white line' on the roadside or you risk being towed by the Greenwich Police Department. ALSO - WATCH OUT FOR POISON IVY!!
~ ~ 2014 Hawk Festival Exhibitors Included ~ ~
- Annie Bananie Ice Cream
- Arbonne International
- Backyard Beekeepers Association
- Beehive Goods
- BirdsBeSafe Cat Collar
- Cafe Bon
- Catherine Violet Hubbard Foundation
- Viridian Energy
- Community Energy
- Granata Sign Company
- Green Drinks Greenwich
- Garden Education Center of Greenwich
- Greenwich Land Trust
- Greenwich Tree Conservancy
- Grey Muzzle Organization
- Juice Plus
- Karen Sullivan Photography, L.L.C.
- League of Women Voters
- Miz Liz & Company
- Natural Awakenings Magazine
- Next Step Living Inc
- Peter F. Alexander Landscape Architect Planner
- River Wildlife Studio
- Robinson Wildlife Lectures
- Shaklee - Healthy Natural Green
- Stanwich School STEM Expo (Oct. 18)
- Tailor's Wildlife Rescue Group, Inc.
- Turtle Moon Health
- The Homespun Merry Go Round
- Wave Hill Bread Company
- White Jade Wellness & Neals Yards Remedies
- Wildlife In Crisis
- Young Living Essential Oils
THANK YOU & WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU AT THE FESTIVAL!
Questions? Contact Festival Manager: Jeff Cordulack | 203-613-8813 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Learn & Explore
- About Public Nature Programs & Events
- Summer Camps
- School & Guided Programs
- Citizen Science
- Audubon Greenwich’s In-Flight newsletter