Fall Festival & Hawk Watch Weekend
17th Annual Fall & Hawk Watch
October 3 & 4, 2015
11 am - 5 pm ~ Rain or Shine
Join us for an exciting, family-friendly festival celebrating the fall season and the amazing annual migration of raptors at Audubon Greenwich. Enjoy live birds of prey shows, rehabilitated raptor releases, games, arts & crafts, guided hikes & programs, face painting, delicious food, live music, hayrides, and much more!
- Live "Birds of Prey" featuring Talons: A Bird of Prey Experience on Saturday & Sunday at 12:00, 2:00 & 4:00 pm.
- Rehabilitated Raptor Release by "Wildlife In Crisis" at 3:30 pm on Saturday & Sunday.
- Live Music featuring The Swingset Mamas on Sunday at 12:30 & 2:30 pm & Bash-the-Trash on Saturday at 1:00 pm!
- Plus scheduled events including:
- Intro to Raptor ID Classes at 12:45 & 2:45 on Saturday & Sunday
- Indian Spring Pond Investigations
- Owl Pellet Dissections
- Nature Sprouts at 11:30 am on Saturday & 4:00 pm on Sunday
ON-GOING EVENTS THROUGHOUT THE DAY:
~ Hayrides along the woodchip road and beyond every half hour on Saturday & Sunday!
~ Create nature-themed crafts including ‘Make Your Own Bird Pumpkin’, Nature Clay Impressions & Recycled Art!
~ Meet live animals from the New Canaan Nature Center!
~ Play fun games including ‘Going the Distance: Bean Bag Toss’ & ‘Gone Fishing: Ospreys & Bald Eagles’
~ Join in on Cider Pressing demonstrations and learn more about the history of Audubon Greenwich’s apple orchard!
~ Explore Audubon’s meadows, orchard, pond & forests with our new ‘Festival Passport’ and win prizes!
~ Learn about and buy products from local vendors including spices, oils. cosmetics, skincare, honey, coffee, chocolate, rocks & minerals, and maple syrup.
~ Visit exhibits and talk with conservation organizations from the region!
~ Join the Backyard Bee Keepers Association’s 'Honey Harvest' and help spin combs into honey in the Red Barn!
~ Visit UCONN Master Gardener Program: Woodland Treasures table to learn more about horticulture and what they do!
~ Learn more about recreational shell fishing from The Greenwich Shellfish Commission.
~ Visit The Greeenwich Conservation Commission composting & leaf shredding table.
~ Witness migrating hawks from lawn, the home of the Quaker Ridge Hawk Watch site!
~ Or stroll through Audubon's meadows, ancient apple orchard, and enjoy the solitude of a hike to Mead Lake!
~ Eat delicious food including The Melt Mobile , Annie Bananie Ice Cream , Jeff’s BBQ & Catering, Have A Ball, The Buzz Truck, Whole Foods Market: Greenwich free samples, and cider donuts from Salinger’s Orchard.
Hawk Festival Admission:
- Audubon Members: $7 per person*
- Non-Members: $10 per person*
- Children 3 years & under: FREE
All proceeds supports the Audubon Center in Greenwich and the National Audubon Society mission to protect birds and their habitats.
*** DIRECTIONS & FESTIVAL PARKING ***
The festival is held on the grounds of Audubon Greenwich (613 Riversville Road, Greenwich, CT 06831). Audubon Greenwich is easy to reach from the Merritt & Hutchinson Parkways, I-684, and Route 22 in NY. Please refer to the Directions PDF linked at the bottom of this page.
IMPORTANT - PARKING INFO: Parking is free and the field is the best place to park.
- The upper field parking lot is just North of the intersection of Riversville Road & John Street - follow the FESTIVAL PARKING signs.
- On Saturday and after 11:30 am on Sunday, there is additional parking at the North Greenwich United Congregational Church across from the main gate. Follow the FESTIVAL PARKING signs. PLEASE DRIVE CAREFULLY IN THE CHURCH PARKING LOT & AT THE INTERSECTION.
- Handicap Parking is inside the main Audubon gate. Permits are required.
- All roadside parking is very limited and is 'at your own risk'.
ABOUT ROADSIDE PARKING: There are limited spots on Riversville Road and parking is prohibited on John Street completely. If you do park on the roadside, please make room for other cars and be sure all tires are off of the 'white line' on the roadside or you risk being towed by the Greenwich Police Department. ALSO - WATCH OUT FOR POISON IVY!!
THANK YOU TO OUR 2015 SPONSORS!
Whole Foods Market - Greenwich
Minchin Buick GMC
McArdle’s Florist & Garden Center
Dooney & Bourke
Patriot National Bank
INTERESTED IN BEING A FESTIVAL SPONSOR, VENDOR OR EXHIBITOR?
Click here to learn more about our sponsorship levels of giving.
Click here to be a vendor or exhibitor.
Help us with parking, education & information tables, family hikes & programs, crafts & games.
To sign up, please contact Lindsey DeVito at email@example.com or 203.451.3415.
THANK YOU & WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU AT THE FESTIVAL!
Questions? Contact the Center Director:
Michelle Frankel | 203-930-1350 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Learn & Explore
- About Public Nature Programs & Events
- Summer Camps
- School & Guided Programs
- Citizen Science
- Audubon Greenwich’s In-Flight newsletter