Join Greenwich Audubon Center for a fun in-person program to learn about ways to support birds at home with nestboxes! Tree-cavity nesting birds such as Eastern Bluebirds depend on nestboxes to survive, as it has become increasingly difficult for them to find natural tree cavities in the wild. Other birds that love nestboxes include Tree Swallows, Chickadees, Tufted Titmice, and House Wrens.
After a slide-show presentation, you will have the opportunity to build your very own nest box kit with the assistance of Audubon staff! Kits will be available for purchase with ticket registration and will be given out at the program. Hammers & Screwdrivers will be available for use but we recommend bringing your own Hammer & Philip’s Head Screwdriver if you have them.
This IN-PERSON program is limited to a maximum of 15 participants and will be held entirely outdoors. All participants are required to wear a face mask covering for the duration of the program.
TICKETS ALONG WITH KITS MUST BE PURCHASED IN ADVANCE through our online ticket sales page. There will be no ticket sales at the door the day of the program. Please be prepared to show proof of your ticket registration, either as a printed copy of your registration receipt or your registration confirmation email on your phone.
Our buildings and facilities are still closed to the public, so we please ask that you plan accordingly as our restrooms will not be available.
- Program Fee: $50 for kit and one person (must purchase kit in advance), $15 for each additional person, $100 for a ticket that includes a box for you and a box for Audubon.
- Pre-registration is required. Select Here to register.
- Recommended for ages 12 and up.
- Please register for the quantity of ALL members in your party. The rate for children and adults is the same. You must purchase a nestbox kit to participate.
- We will meet you in our parking lot at the start of the program. Please ensure everyone in your party is wearing a face mask.
- For questions, please contact Ryan MacLean at Ryan.MacLean@audubon.org or 203-930-1353.
Eastern Bluebird. Photo: Russell Niemi/ Audubon Photography Awards
Greenwich Audubon Center is a vibrant nature education center located at the main 285-acre Audubon sanctuary in Greenwich. We are a part of the Audubon Connecticut state office of the National Audubon Society and Atlantic Flyway, and steward a total of seven sanctuaries in the Greenwich area. Our mission is to protect birds and the places they need, today and tomorrow. Visitors are welcome to enjoy our miles of trails, nature programs, education resources, conservation-themed events, and nature store throughout the year.
We support a diverse and inclusive environment, and welcome individuals of all races, physical and mental abilities, sexual orientations, gender identities, ethnicities, and perspectives. We work with families to modify programs for accessibility where possible.