Our weekly-themed camp programs provide a unique place for your child to explore the outdoors during their summer break. Campers build a deeper connection to the natural world through fun, experiential activities while exploring our 285-acre Main Sanctuary, which includes a beautiful teaching pond, the Byram River, Mead Lake, forests, and meadows.
New Specialty Camps for Grades 6-9: Our Specialty Camps offer exciting opportunities for middle and high schoolers to engage with the natural world through mediums they identify with such as art, photography, digital animation, and real-world, hands-on learning. These new offerings challenge campers to create and craft using tools and skills ranging from cutting-edge digital to wilderness survival.
2017 Summer Nature Day Camp Dates
JUNE 26 - AUGUST 18
Camp Hours: 9:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. (except Twilight Investigations, Session 8: August 14-18 which will run from 3:30 - 9:30 p.m.)
Extended Care: Late Pick-up Available from 3:30 - 4:30 p.m. ($50 per week)
Cost per Week
Grades K-5 • $400 members; $435 non-members
Grades 6-9 • $450 members; $485 non-members
- Session 1: Creepy Crawlies ǀ June 26 – 30
- Session 2: Aquatic Adventures 1 ǀ July 3, July 5 - 7
- Session 3: Tracks and Traces ǀ July 10 – 14
- Session 4: Feathered Friends ǀ July 17 – 21
- Session 5: Scales and Slime ǀ July 24 - 28
- Session 6: Aquatic Adventures 2 ǀ July 31 – August 4
- Session 7: Backwoods Explorers ǀ August 7 - 11
- Session 8: Twilight Investigations ǀ August 14 - 18 (Hours: Mon-Wed: 3:30 - 9:30 p.m. / Thursday: 3 p.m. to 9:30 a.m. on Friday. Grades 2 - 9 only)
Grades 6 - 9 Audubon Ecology Adventures: This exciting Audubon camp for teens combines exploration of the great outdoors with learning about the amazing biodiversity that is found in our local natural areas. Daily field trips to forests, rivers, and coastal areas will be led by experienced naturalists and will give campers an opportunity to learn about ecology and conservation while exploring and having fun.
- Nature Animation ǀ July 10 – 14 ǀ Mon-Fri, 9:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. ǀ $600 (members), $635 (non-members)
- Wild Jobs ǀ July 31 – August 4 ǀ Mon-Fri, 9:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. ǀ $500 (members), $535 (non-members)
- Wilderness Survival ǀ August 14 – 18 ǀ Mon-Weds, 3:30pm-9:30pm / Thursday 3pm to 9:30am on Friday ǀ $450 (members), $485 (non-members)
- More details
Online Registration is Open!
For more details, please contact Gigi Lombardi at 203-930-1351 or email.
Volunteer Counselors-in-Training (CIT) Opportunities for Teens (14 years old & up)
|Each week, there are four to five camp groups, divided by age. Each camp group has one Head Summer Naturalist and one Assistant Summer Naturalist and Audubon trains and hosts 1 to 3 CIT working with each small group throughout the summer. For more details and to see if your child can join the CIT program, please contact James Flynn at 203-930-1354 or email.|