Join Greenwich Audubon Center for Ecological Gardens & Landscapes—a course series on creating ecologically beneficial and beautiful outdoor spaces.
While most people agree that vibrant local environments are beautiful, and fostering them without the use of harmful chemicals is beneficial, doing so requires an understanding of how plants, animals, and people interact to create balanced ecosystems. Through our Ecological Gardens & Landscapes program, discover how you can create beautiful, ecologically balanced environments. This course series features classroom and hands-on learning that covers design, installation, cultivation, and management practices.
Get ready to create your own pesticide-free, bird-friendly, and beautiful home gardens and landscapes! Come with a desire to learn, leave with a solid foundation of know-how.
Program Fee: $99 per person for the full course package (6 classes, choose one date per session)
Registration: Registration for the full course package ends Friday, April 17, 2020. Register early—spaces fill up fast! Select here to register.
For questions, please contact Caroline Bailey at Caroline.Bailey@audubon.org or 203-900-3349.
Spring 2020 Program Schedule
For your convenience, there are two session package options. When you register, choose whether you wish to attend the Wednesday or Sunday Session Package. If needed, participants can attend a lesson on a different day to accommodate schedule conflicts.
Session 1: Introduction to Ecological Gardening
- Wednesday, April 15 from 10 a.m - 12 p.m.
- Sunday, April 19 from 1 - 3 p.m.
Session 2: What Plants Need - Part I
- Wednesday, April 29 from 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Sunday, May 3 from 1 - 3 p.m.
Session 3: What Plants Need - Part II
- Wednesday, May 13 from 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Sunday, May 17 from 1 - 3 p.m.
Session 4: Natural Pest Control - Part I
- Wednesday, May 27 from 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Sunday, May 31 from 1 - 3 p.m.
Session 5: Natural Pest Control - Part II
- Wednesday, June 10 from 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Sunday, June 14 from 1 - 3 p.m.
Session 6: Managing Your Plants
- Wednesday, June 24 from 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Sunday, June 28 from 1 - 3 p.m.