Join our vibrant and growing community and help us achieve our mission to create environmental awareness and maintain a thriving and healthy habitat for birds and other wildlife! By becoming a volunteer, you also become a part of the solution to create a better, more sustainable world.
Opportunities are available for volunteers 14 years of age or older. If you are under 14 years old, you can still volunteer as long as an adult accompanies and works with you. If you are interested in an internship for school credit, or would like to discuss a special project, other opportunities, or volunteer questions, please contact Caroline Bailey at 203-900-3349 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To begin volunteering at Greenwich Audubon Center, please print and fill out our Volunteer Application and return it to:
Greenwich Audubon Center
613 Riversville Road
Greenwich, CT 06831
Or scan and send the completed form by email to Caroline Bailey at email@example.com.
- Teacher Naturalist: Help teach school groups both on and off-site.
- Learning Center Docent: Engage visitors with our Learning Center exhibits and animals.
- Program Naturalist / Instructor: Assist with or lead scheduled education programs and activities.
- Outreach and Advocacy: Represent Audubon and help further our mission at local events and programs.
- Store Clerk at The Nature Store: Staff the nature store and assist customers.
- Front Desk: Greet visitors and provide general information about the center and offerings.
- Special Events: Assist staff in the planning and running of events and programs.
- Trail Maintenance: Assist in maintaining safe, clean, and beautiful trails at Audubon.
- Gardening and Plant Propagation: Help create demonstration gardens and grow native plants.
- Habitat Restoration: Help maintain a healthy habitat by planting native plants and removing invasive species.
- Animal Care: Weekly care including feeding animals and cleaning enclosures.
- Community Science Projects: Collect data on plants, wildlife, and people to improve our center.
We highly value all of our volunteers and welcome anyone who would like to become involved in our center, however, some volunteer opportunities require a regular or weekly commitment. If you are interested in a one-time volunteer opportunity or would like to schedule a group volunteer opportunity, please contact Caroline Bailey at 203-900-3349 or firstname.lastname@example.org.