Please visit our homepage for the latest COVID-19 and center status update.
Come enjoy peace and nature on our trails. Greenwich Audubon Center manages seven nature sanctuaries all of which are open to the public. Visitors are welcome to visit 365 days a year from sunrise to sunset. To help us preserve these natural places, we ask that visitors please observe our rules below.
Center & Main Sanctuary Trail Use: $6 suggested donation
Select here to learn about each sanctuary and view trail maps
For a great guide to local hiking areas in the nearby region, check out the book Walking Trails in Greenwich and Surrounding Areas in The Nature Store located at our center. To contact the store, call 203-869-5272.
Trail Rules - Visitor Guidelines
To help Audubon better preserve its biodiversity and natural character of our sanctuaries, please follow these visitor guidelines:
- Please leave bikes, pets, and horses at home.
- Please 'pack in and pack out' any garbage.
- Individuals or couples can jog in the sanctuary, but larger jogging groups are not permitted on the trails.
- Hikers can help Audubon reduce erosion by staying on the pathways & trails.
- Take only photos and leave only footprints. These are private sanctuaries for nature and Audubon invites people to visit. During your visit, please do not disturb wildlife, collect plants, or pick wildflowers.
- Please observe any signs indicating when hiking trails are closed—this is for your safety. Trail access may be limited from early fall through mid-winter due to land management activities. This occurs mainly on weekdays and during early morning hours. If you have any questions about our land management activities, please contact our center at 203-869-5272 or email.
Help make the world a better place
Learn & Explore
Where birds thrive, people prosper. Help us transform local communities into places where birds flourish. Learn what you can do to nurture wildlife, nature, and conservation in Connecticut.
Support Our Work
Through land stewardship, science, education, and advocacy, we work to preserve habitat and protect bird species that are of state, national, and global concern. Your gift can make a difference.
Join Our Family
When you become a member of Greenwich Audubon Center, you are nurturing bird-friendly communities and a natural heritage for generations to come. Help us do great things.