Experience the magic of nature's fireworks!
Friday, July 07, 2023
8:30pm - 9:30pm Eastern Greenwich, CT, Connecticut
Greenwich Audubon Center
613 Riversville Rd, Greenwich, CT, 06831, CT
Join us at Greenwich Audubon Center for a nighttime adventure to discover one of summer’s most special insects! Fireflies are nature’s own fireworks and their dazzling displays captivate the excitement of people of all ages. Our journey will start with a slide show introduction about the amazing lives of fireflies and how we can help protect them. Then as darkness falls you will have a chance to walk through our meadow and catch a glimpse of their mesmerizing bioluminescence.
PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN PLASTIC HOLE-PUNCHED JARS (NO GLASS PLEASE) since they will not be provided.
Select from the following date options for this program at the bottom of this page. All programs are one hour from 8:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Thursday July 6th - Friday July 7th
This IN-PERSON program has a limited capacity of 100 people.
Tickets MUST be purchased in advance through this online ticket sales page. There will be no ticket sales at the door the day of the program.
- Program Fee: $15 per person
- Pre-registration is required. Select HERE to register for your desired date.
- Please register for the quantity of ALL members in your party. The rate for children and adults is the same.
- PLEASE ONLY USE THIS WEBSITE FOR REGISTRATION AS THIS EVENT HAS BEEN SUBJECT TO ONLINE SCAMS IN PREVIOUS YEARS. Please contact us if you believe you have been scammed.
- For questions, please contact Ryan MacLean at Ryan.MacLean@audubon.org or 203-930-1353.
- We will meet you in our front lobby for check in at the start of the program.
Please note, by signing up for this event you are consenting to receive emails from Audubon about this program and our conservation work. You may opt-out of our emails at any time.
Photo: Neil Vigdor
Greenwich Audubon Center is a vibrant nature education center located at the main 285-acre Audubon sanctuary in Greenwich. We are a part of the Audubon Connecticut state office of the National Audubon Society and Atlantic Flyway, and steward a total of seven sanctuaries in the Greenwich area. Our mission is to protect birds and the places they need, today and tomorrow. Visitors are welcome to enjoy our miles of trails, nature programs, education resources, conservation-themed events, and nature store throughout the year.
We support a diverse and inclusive environment, and welcome individuals of all races, physical and mental abilities, sexual orientations, gender identities, ethnicities, and perspectives. We work with families to modify programs for accessibility where possible.
Learn more about Accessibility at Greenwich Audubon Center