In honor of LGBT Pride Month, join Audubon's Christina Baal and Ryan MacLean for a special celebration of diversity and inclusion of both birds and people. To begin, you will learn about the many colorful birds that call Greenwich Audubon Center home and go for a leisurely tour through our fields, orchards, and woods to see many of them up close. Then bird artist Christina Baal will lead a fun, interactive workshop on drawing birds for people at all levels of art experience. We encourage you to bring pencils (regular or colored), paper, and other art supplies.
Just as all of these birds and wildlife are welcome in our sanctuary so are all people!
For more information on Christina Baal and her artwork, visit her webpage Drawing 10,000 Birds.
This IN-PERSON program will have a limited number of participants and all participants are required to wear a face mask covering for the duration of the program. Our buildings and facilities are still closed to the public, so we please ask that you plan accordingly as our restrooms will not be available.
Participants must register in advance through our online ticket sales page with additional contributions optional. There will be no ticket sales at the door the day of the program. Please be prepared to show proof of your ticket registration, either as a printed copy of your registration receipt or your registration confirmation email on your phone.
- Program Fee: We have ticket levels available beginning at $10 with several optional contribution levels. Your contributions help support our conservation work, including advocating for the protection of birds and the habitats they depend on for survival.
- Recommended for ages 6 and up.
- Registration is required. Select Here to Register.
- Please register for the quantity of ALL members in your party. The rate for children and adults is the same.
- We will meet you in our parking lot at the start of the program. Please ensure everyone in your party is wearing a face mask.
- For questions, please contact Ryan MacLean at Ryan.MacLean@audubon.org or 203-930-1353.
Greenwich Audubon Center is a vibrant nature education center located at the main 285-acre Audubon sanctuary in Greenwich. We are a part of the Audubon Connecticut state office of the National Audubon Society and Atlantic Flyway, and steward a total of seven sanctuaries in the Greenwich area. Our mission is to protect birds and the places they need, today and tomorrow. Visitors are welcome to enjoy our miles of trails, nature programs, education resources, conservation-themed events, and nature store throughout the year.
We support a diverse and inclusive environment, and welcome individuals of all races, physical and mental abilities, sexual orientations, gender identities, ethnicities, and perspectives. We work with families to modify programs for accessibility where possible.